Follow These Guidelines When Your Partner Is Pregnant
So your significant other is pregnant, what does that mean for you? It’s smart to know what you are dealing with so you don’t stumble along the way. The following a list of things every man should know about pregnancy.
- Once she announces that she is pregnant she is the center of attention. You take a back seat.
- Once she has the baby they will both take center stage. You are still in the back seat, but you should be used to it by then.
- Your living quarters are too small. Don’t even think of suggesting otherwise.
- She is going to want to use a birthing center. She will probably consult a midwife. She will want a doctor. She won’t want an epidural, but will beg for one. A cesarean sounds great, wait no it sounds terrifying, so just nod your head and agree with it all.
- Her sense of smell is so good that you will be tempted to send her to join a search and rescue team.
- You won’t know how to hold the baby right, so just do it her way and all will be well.
- You won’t pass out during the delivery, that only happens in the movies.
- Once the baby comes, you will be surprised at how little sleep you need to function.
- The baby will like her the best for a long time. You will get your turn eventually.
- Contractions can be tricky. No matter what you think you know when she says it’s time to go to the hospital, it’s time to go to the hospital.
- Share your birth story with everyone, it is one of the only times in life when everyone is truly happy for your good fortune.
- Things you once thought would make you sick will not anymore. Poop, pee, puke, you have handled them all.